The interviewing service is available as an optional part of either the MyCareerChoices or MyUniChoices programmes
Our service provides one-to-one 20-minute interviews with an experienced interviewer
Benefits and advantages
- The interview programme takes place over a one or two day period
- They take place at a time which fits into the school schedule
- The interviewers ensure that the students understand how to make full use of their Preview or Centigrade Workbooks
- The students receive independent impartial advice on careers and/or HE issues
- The timetable is agreed in advance with the school to ensure minimum disruption and to accommodate pre-arranged commitments
- It helps school careers staff or tutors make best use of their time allocation.
Either a single hand-over interview or a hand-over interview & a follow-up interview (to take place after students have done some initial research).
- Hand-over interviews are designed to help the student understand and utilise the feedback and start focused research.
- Follow-up interviews help the student to reflect on the research findings and consider the implications in terms of choice of subjects for further study and action planning.
A single interview carried out by interviewers with experience of giving advice to students in years 11 or 12.