Why you should study Sports Performance at WUC…
• You will get access to modern facilities and resources on campus which includes our sports performance laboratory that regularly tests athletes of international standard.
• You will work in a friendly and supportive environment that will develop your potential in the sports industry.
• You will have the opportunity to work with and shadow expert staff who enjoy professional links with a Premier League football club, the English Ballet School, GB Basketball, the Westminster School Boat Club and Essex Outdoors.
• We have a modern assessment strategy - real-life case studies, role-play, newspaper articles, infographic design, independent research and presentations rather than exams.
• Our teaching course team has experts in a variety of disciplines of applied clinical practice including nutrition, physiology, strength & conditioning, psychology and performance testing.
• You will benefit from coaching seminars, invited speakers and presenters, workshops, visits and opportunities for additional qualifications.
• Our sports courses explore the science behind athletic function affording you the understanding of the biological, physiological and psychological elements that can affect both amateur and elite performance.
• Our courses are highly practical with work placements, volunteering and shadowing opportunities to apply knowledge gained in the classroom and laboratory into the real world of sport.
• You will have the option of specialising in areas such as Cycling Performance, Aerial Performance and Outdoor Activity.
• Our graduates go on to a wide range of careers including PE Teaching, Sports Development, Coaching, Physiotherapy and Outdoor Instructing.
The Outdoor Education industry constantly seeks new, passionate and motivated individuals to lead, teach and empower less confident others with the skills to enjoy and play in the outdoor world. The Sports Science with Outdoor Activity foundation degree provides much of the theoretical knowledge of sports science required for the broader needs of sport in general but also combines with outdoor specialists to provide professional and high quality training in five core skills (archery, paddleboarding, paddlesport, sailing and climbing) during the first year of the course before going on to focus in one or more specialised disciplines within the second year. The motivated and successful student will be offered the chance for interview at Essex Outdoors (www.essexoutdoors.com)) for paid seasonal placement and work experience that is tailored to their two years of study. The Sports Science with Outdoor Activity graduate will have gained the knowledge and experience for a career in the Outdoor Education industry but will also have the opportunity to further their academic vocation with the potential to top up to the BSc (Hons) Sports and Exercise Performance degree – taught here at Writtle University College – if they wished to pursue a sports science profession.
1 Years Full Time
Taught in English