Studying the HND in Sport at the college means that you are able to study a nationally-recognised Higher Education qualification locally. By studying locally you have all the benefits of studying at an advanced level while getting excellent value for money.
This course provides education and training for a range of careers in the sports and fitness sector. You will develop higher-level skills and an understanding of the various aspects related to sports and fitness, such as fitness testing and psychology, as well as personal skills; essential for successful performance in working life.
• Research Project
• Field-based Fitness Testing for Sport and Exercise
• Biomechanics for Sport
• Sport and Exercise Rehabilitation
• Applied Sport and Exercise Psychology
• Functional Exercise Physiology
• Analysis of Sports Performance
• Work-based Experience
Progression: Upon successful completion of this course you could go into employment within the sport and fitness or health and well-being industries. Alternatively, you could go onto further study to top-up your degree to a BA (Hons) Degree.
Entry Requirements: • A relevant Level 4 qualification of Merit or Distinction profile
• GCSE maths and English at grade C/4 or above or equivalent
• Successful interview with a course tutor
• References may be requested
If you do not meet these requirements please contact us as we are able to consider applicants with other qualifications, relevant experience or personal circumstances on an individual basis.
Award: HND Professional Qualification 1 Years Full Time Taught in English