Studying the HNC in Sport at the College means that you are able to study a nationally recognised Higher Education qualification locally and without attending university. By studying locally you have all the benefits of studying at an advanced level while getting excellent value for money.
This course provides education and training for a range of careers in the sports and fitness sector. You will develop higher level skills and understanding of various aspects related to sports and fitness, such as fitness testing and psychology, as well as personal skills; essential for successful performance in working life.
• Anatomy and Physiology
• Training and Fitness
• Physical Activity, Lifestyle and Wellbeing
• Health Promotion
• Sport and Exercise Psychology
• Nutrition for Sport and Exercise
• Field-Based Fitness Testing
• Exercise Prescription
• On successful completion of this course you can progress on to a HND or degree at university or gain employment within the sports, fitness, health and well-being industries or the armed forces.
Entry Requirements: • A relevant Level 3 qualification of Merit or Distinction profile
• GCSE Maths and English at grade C/4 or above or equivalent
• Successful interview with a course tutor
• References may be requested
If you do not meet these requirements please contact us as we are able to consider applicants with other qualifications, relevant experience or personal circumstances on an individual basis.
Award: HNC Professional Qualification 1 Years Full Time Taught in English