This is the 4 year course which includes a Professional Placement Year.
Psychology at Bath Spa University is a fascinating course which examines the science behind what makes people tick. With engaging and passionate lecturers you’ll study the human mind and behaviour and be prepared for many kinds of careers within and allied to Psychology. You’ll be provided with relevant skills and knowledge within an enabling and empowering learning environment. Both the Single Honours and Major (accredited) programmes are accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS), providing graduate basis for Chartership with the BPS, provided you obtain a 2.2 overall and pass your final year dissertation.
• Be introduced to career possibilities that you may not have previously considered.
• Be introduced to the five main psychological perspectives: biological, cognitive, developmental, individual differences and social, alongside research methods.
• Explore the historical and conceptual underpinnings of Psychology.
• Taught by engaging lecturers and enthusiastic teachers who care about the subject.
• You’ll be able to select optional modules and to engage in interdisciplinary learning.
More about the Professional Placement Year A Professional Placement Year (PPY), traditionally known as a sandwich year, is where a student undertakes a period of work with an external organisation for between 9-13 months. The placement occurs between the students' second and third years of undergraduate study. Students can engage in up to 3 placements to make up the total time and are required to source the placement(s) themselves with support from the Careers & Employability Team.
Award: BSc Professional Qualification 4 Years Full Time Taught in English