Our four year BSc Psychology and Marketing course with an integrated placement, looks at the practical applications of psychology and marketing, and the links between theory and practice. Apply your knowledge of how people think and reason, communicate, and learn and remember to the study of consumer behaviour, sales management and digital marketing.
Psychology & Marketing graduates will have insight into motivation and behaviour and know about people, relationships and group dynamics. They have excellent communication and teamwork skills, are critical and analytic and can design, conduct and analyse and evaluate research. This course therefore prepares you for many careers in both the public and private sector - for example advertising, management consultancy, caring and social careers, human resources management or teaching.
In addition, you will be able to enter careers in professional areas of psychology including occupational, educational and clinical psychology. It is also ideal for further study, careers in local and central government, social services, industry and commerce.
Key course benefits:
• Accredited as conferring eligibility for the Graduate Membership of the British Psychological Society (BPS) provided the minimum standard of a Second Class Honours is achieved, this is the first step towards becoming a Chartered Psychologist
• Our placement year offers you the opportunity to gain valuable experience and set your studies in the context of a working environment, designed to boost your future employment prospects
• Marketing ranked 12th in the UK (Complete University Guide, 2018)
• Top 10 for Research Quality (Psychology, Complete University Guide, 2017)
• Joint Honours BSc Psychology & Business received 100% overall satisfaction (NSS, 2016)
• Joint collaboration between two highly ranked departments - Aston Business School is in the top 1% of business schools worldwide (triple accredited) while the School of Life and Health Sciences ranked 5th in 97 UK universities for research in the Allied Health Professions, in the latest Research Excellence Framework (REF, 2014).
4 Years Full Time
Taught in English