This course focuses on combining practical study, through hands-on projects, with academic study, and participants will gain knowledge and understanding of mechanical engineering principles, and their relevance and application to the work of engineering professionals. The Higher National Certificate (HNC) course is offered on a part-time basis over two years and can be topped up to a Higher National Diploma (HND) qualification with an extra year of study, either full-time or part-time.
The HNC and HND in Mechanical Engineering are designed to provide you with new opportunities including: Career development, Improved salary, Increased job satisfaction and Personal achievement.
Studying the HNC or HND in Mechanical Engineering at Rotherham College means that you are able to study for a nationally-recognised Higher Education qualification locally.
Rotherham College has invested in new metallurgy and science laboratories with a further investment in new engineering workshop facilities.
• Engineering Maths
• Engineering Science
• Properties and Testing
• Mechanical Principles
• Fundamentals of Thermodynamics and Heat
• Machining and Processing of Engineering Materials
• Managing a Professional Engineering Project
• Engineering Design
• You could continue your studies on to the HND or an engineering-related degree course. The HNC will enhance career opportunities and help meet aspirations to become a supervisor or manager.
• Employment as a mechanical engineer or other related technical engineering occupations.
Entry Requirements: 58 UCAS Points from either:
* A full Level 3 qualification to include a minimum of BTEC subsidiary Diploma in Engineering or a related subject
* Level 3 Maths and Electrical principles or a minimum of two A-Level equivalents in relevant subjects (e.g. Maths, Electronics, Physics)
If you do not meet these requirements please contact us as we are able to consider applicants with other qualifications, relevant experience or personal circumstances on an individual basis.
Award: FdSc Professional Qualification 1 Years Full Time Taught in English