BTEC HNC/Ds are work-related qualifications for students taking their first steps into employment, or for those already in employment and seeking career development opportunities. Designed to meet the needs and expectations of students aspiring to work in healthcare and are aimed at students wanting to continue their education through applied learning. Closely aligned with professional body, employer and higher education needs. These qualifications have been developed in close collaboration with experts from professional bodies and universities.
Sector Details: • Together the health and social care sectors employ one in ten of the working population. The NHS employs 1.4 million people and social care a further 1.6 million people.
• The workforce is highly educated – 48 per cent of staff professionally qualified.
• Most adult social care jobs involve directly providing care. The rest comprise: managerial and supervisory jobs, professional jobs (including social workers, nurses and occupational therapists) and administrative, ancillary and other jobs
Gloucestershire College offers excellent facilities, such as a fully equipped hospital ward, as well as specialist and passionate staff with industry experience.Together the health and social care sectors employ one in ten of the working population.
This course aims: • To equip students with the Healthcare Practice skills, knowledge and understanding necessary to achieve high performance in the global health and social care environment.
• To provide education and training for a range of careers in healthcare, including: healthcare assistant practitioner roles in a range of settings, nursing assistant/auxiliary roles, care navigation, planning and assessment roles as well as roles in public health, health promotion and non-clinical healthcare supervisory or lower management.
• To provide opportunities for students to enter or progress in employment in healthcare, or progress to higher education qualifications such as an Honours degree in Nursing, Public Health, Healthcare Administration or a related area.
• To provide opportunities for students to achieve a nationally-recognised professional qualification within their chosen area of specialisation.
Award: HND Professional Qualification 1 Years Full Time Taught in English