This degree combines our expertise in coaching and sport development, with work experience through Manchester City Football Clubs foundation, City in the Community.
This two-year foundation degree with the option to extend to BSc (Hons) Manchester City Community Football Coaching from 2019, will be taught at the Etihad Campus, and is designed to provide a higher education route for students who wish to work in the field of community football coaching at a Premier League Football Club.
During your degree, you will gain experience though City in the Community, who deliver a wide range of football programmes across Manchester and support the Clubs global community work. This bespoke course provides you with genuine work-based learning to prepare you for employment within community football coaching. Your practical experience will be supported by academic units covering essential theoretical material and skill development.
This is a unique and compelling opportunity to experience a fully integrated academic and practical experience through a partnership between Manchester City Football Club and Manchester Metropolitan University.
• This degree is delivered in partnership with Manchester City Football Club and will provide incredible practical experience supported by academic theory.
• The programme will be taught at the Etihad campus, home to Manchester City Football Club as well as the City Football Academy. Over 450 players train on site every week in the Academy, from Under 6s to the MCFC first team.
• There are world-class football facilities including: 16 pitches, five of which are Desso pitches, one of which is dedicated to community programmes and one is a full size indoor synthetic pitch; a 7,000 seater Academy stadium for elite development squad teams, Manchester City Women's FC and community use; the media zone, comprising of 120 seater conference theatre, translational booths, green room and media studios, used by first team manager Pep Guardiola for weekly press conferences ahead of each fixture; and 46 acres of managed grass, wildflower meadow and landscaped grounds.
• Over 1,000 participants are hosted at the City Football Academy for free soccer schools run by City in the Community coaches and 32 hours of City in the Community activity take place on site each week.
• This two year foundation degree is comparable to the initial two years of a BSc (Hons) programme. After you have completed your foundation degree you will have the option to progress on to a one year top-up which will lead to a BSc (Hons) qualification.
• You will undertake work based learning modules which are built into the course - typically 12 hours per week.
• Work based learning allows you to develop your understanding of three key areas within City in the Community - health, inclusion and education.
Award: FdSc Professional Qualification 2 Years Full Time Taught in English