The Diploma in Education and Training is designed to provide full- and part-time teachers with the opportunity to gain a nationally recognised qualification with the aim of working towards Qualified Teacher Learning & Skills (QTLS) status. This course is ideal for practitioners who wish to develop skills in assessing, preparing materials, and supporting students. It aims to enhance existing knowledge and provides a sound introduction to new practices and theories.
As part of continuing professional development, this programme will promote the refinement and improvement of teaching, learning and assessment. Diverse topics are addressed on the programme, and an ability to implement innovative teaching and learning methods will be promoted.
The two-year programme, accredited by the University of Warwick, offers access to excellent facilities at both the college and the university. Credit is possible for current teaching qualifications; prior learning may be accredited for part of Year 1. Four teaching observations will be carried out per year, and the constructive and developmental feedback you receive will be instrumental for your professional progress.
As a university-accredited course, there is access to learning resources from both institutions, and a Diploma from the University of Warwick will be awarded upon successful completion of the study programme. Each module will be assessed using a variety of methods, including reports, presentations, projects, essays, seminars and case studies. A professional development portfolio is also required, which provides a record of your professional and personal progression throughout the duration of the programme.
Features/Benefits • Well-qualified and experienced tutors, who provide an outstanding learning experience
• Access to excellent online resources
• A supportive observation process that maximises the development of trainee teachers
• Access to University of Warwick resources
• Study a course that provides you with the essential skills and experience to enhance your employability or prepare you for further study.
• Study in a supportive environment, with a range of services at your fingertips to help you reach your full potential.
• Loughborough College was awarded TEF Silver 2017.
• Be a full member of Loughborough Students Union- consistently voted No.1 for student experience.
Award: FdSc Professional Qualification 2 Years Full Time Taught in English