This is the 4 year course which includes a Professional Placement Year.
Are you looking to work with younger children?
Early Years Education at Bath Spa University is designed to transform you into a professional early childhood educator – that could be as a practitioner, researcher, policy-maker or activist.
We will help you to develop a critical understanding of early childhood from a variety of perspectives, and ensure that you have maximum flexibility on your course with access to a range of Education Studies modules and placement options.
You’ll gain knowledge and understanding of: • the aims, values and outcomes of education in local and global contexts;
• social, cultural, historical, political and economic contexts of education;
• approaches to working with babies, young children, families and communities;
• an understanding of global issues and debates, such as young children as active participants in the lives and practices of families, societies and cultures;
• the processes which shape early childhood and young children's lives including ethical principles and children's rights;
• educational research and enquiry methods;
• skills which support participation, critical engagement and intellectual independence.
More about the Professional Placement Year A Professional Placement Year (PPY), traditionally known as a sandwich year, is where a student undertakes a period of work with an external organisation for between 9-13 months. The placement occurs between the students' second and third years of undergraduate study. Students can engage in up to 3 placements to make up the total time and are required to source the placement(s) themselves with support from the Careers & Employability Team.
Award: BA Professional Qualification 4 Years Full Time Taught in English