Have you thought about starting your own business or working within an enterprising environment?
This course is designed to underpin future careers as entrepreneurs, innovation and enterprise researchers; or work within a dynamic business environment. It will provide students with the opportunity to consider business start-up options, apply enterprise and innovation concepts to a particular business or sector or to a social enterprise sector.
Students will be given the flexibility to direct their own study towards their own end goal, which may be a business start-up or working for a business within a functional area of their choice. Having strong links with a range of enterprise organisations will allow students to complete their key assessment method. This will include the use and completion of live briefs linking to enterprising projects in the local area.
Whilst on the course students will develop academic and practical skills to:
* Demonstrate an understanding of how key organisation functions, processes and structures contribute to organisation effectiveness
* Apply concepts of marketing and financial management to a range of business situations and contexts
* Understand the components of entrepreneurial effectiveness in the context of start-ups, small business and social enterprise
* Structure, design and apply tools of research, analysis and decision-making to evaluate opportunities and risks
* Demonstrate enterprising behaviours, skills and attributes, such as the ability to seek out and act on opportunity and manage projects independently
Employability skills are a central focus of the course, including subject specific and generic skills and attributes. Soft skills such as communication, teamwork, presentation and people skills will be systematically developed as part of this course.
Year 1 Marketing Planning Process Accounting and Finance Business Environment Introduction to Contemporary Business Practices Application of Contemporary Business Practices Introduction to Enterprise
Year 2 Engaging with Enterprising Organisations Business Law Research Methods Financial Literacy and Awareness Managing People Integrated Marketing Communications
Year 3 Creating and Marketing a New Venture Dissertation
* Business start-up/entrepreneurship
* A higher role within a business environment (business, finance, R&D)
* Graduate trainee within an enterprise context
Entry Requirements: * GCSE Maths and English at grade C/4 or above (or Level 2 equivalent)
Plus 64 UCAS points from one of the following:
* Three A levels at grade C or above
* BTEC with at least DMM Profile
* Relevant work experience would be an advantage
If you do not meet these requirements please contact us as we are able to consider applicants with other qualifications, relevant experience or personal circumstances on an individual basis.
Award: BA Professional Qualification 3 Years Full Time Taught in English